How to run .bat file in Group Policy,How to run .scr file from share folder
July 30, 2008 1 Comment
Step 1: Create a bat file.
1. Create a folder named share and then share it
2. Create a txt file and input net use e:\\SBSServer\share and save it as netuse.bat
3. Copy the screen saver file screen saver.scr in this folder
1. Start -> Administrative Tools -> Group Policy Management
2. Expand Domain -> Your Domain
3. Right Click the screen save Group Policy you created before and click Edit
4. Expand to User Configuration-> Windows Setting ->Scripts(Logon/Logoff)
5. Double click Logon and click Add
6. Input Script Name \\SBSServer\share\netuse.bat then click OK.
7. Expand to User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Display
8. Double click Screen Saver executiabel name, select Enabled. Then input the Screen Saver executible name e:\ screen.saver.scr
9. Run Gpupdate/force on your windows XP client
Source: From Web